UltraTouch™ Radiant Barrier
The UltraTouch Natural Cotton Radiant Barrier Thermal/Acoustic Insulation is an extremely versatile and superior performing product that can be used in automobiles, trucks, buses, RV’s, boats, aircraft, residential and commercial building.
The UltraTouch Natural Cotton Radiant Barrier brings fire, fungi, and corrosive resistance to an insulation product that is formaldehyde and resin-free.
In addition, it’s natural fibers provide a non-itch padding that is easy to handle and install.
The pure aluminum barrier used for the UltraTouch Natural Cotton Radiant Barrier provides exceptional protection from air currents, vapors, moisture, and radiant heat.
Use this product as a: Radiant Heat Barrier, Acoustic Sound Barrier, Airflow Barrier, Thermal Heat Barrier.
Features & Benefits
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the UltraTouch Natural Cotton Radiant Barrier made from?
- The UltraTouch Natural Cotton Radiant Barrier is manufactured using post-consumer recycled natural fibers that are combined with a foil facing to provide excellent thermal and acoustic properties.
- Is the UltraTouch Natural Cotton Radiant Barrier fire resistant?
- Yes, each fiber of the UltraTouch Natural Cotton Radiant Barrier is treated with a natural fire retardant and is “flash-dried” giving it a Class-A/Class-1 fire rating.
- Should I use single-side or dual-side foil?
- The single-side foil product is great for acoustic applications where sound can be absorbed into the natural fiber side, leaving the foil facing to block radiant heat transfer. The dual-sided foil product provides an excellent radiant heat barrier to resist heat flow in multiple directions.
- What happens when the UltraTouch Natural Cotton Radiant Barrier gets wet?
- The UltraTouch Natural Cotton Radiant Barrier is manufactured to “breathe” or release the moisture it receives in a timely manner.
- Will mold affect the UltraTouch Natural Cotton Radiant Barrier?
- The fire retardant process used in making The UltraTouch Natural Cotton Radiant Barrier also acts as an excellent mold and mildew inhibitor.
- Do I need protective clothing to install the UltraTouch Natural Cotton Radiant Barrier?
- Bonded Logic recommends the use of a dust mask in any installation. The UltraTouch Natural Cotton Radiant Barrier is easy to handle and has no fiberglass itch.
- How do I cut the UltraTouch Natural Cotton Radiant Barrier?
- The UltraTouch Natural Cotton Radiant Barrier is easy to work with and can be cut with a sharp utility knife or industrial shears.
- How does the UltraTouch Natural Cotton Radiant Barrier come packaged?
- The UltraTouch Natural Cotton Radiant Barrier is available in either a 4′ x 6′ sheet or in larger 4’x 75′ rolls.
- What are the R-Value and Acoustical Value of the UltraTouch Natural Cotton Radiant Barrier?
- The installed R-Value is dependent upon directional heat flow. Please consult the spec sheet for more detailed information. The NRC (Noise Reduction Coefficient) is 0.45.
- How should a spray adhesive be applied?
- Spray an even coating on the UltraTouch Natural Cotton Radiant Barrier and the surface that it is to be applied to. Wait a few seconds for the adhesive to become tacky and press the UltraTouch Natural Cotton Radiant Barrier into place.
- Do I need tape once the UltraTouch Natural Cotton Radiant Barrier is glued into place?
- Yes, foil tape provides a moisture and vapor barrier as well as blending the facing together to provide a finished look.
- Where should I use the UltraTouch Natural Cotton Radiant Barrier?
- The UltraTouch Natural Cotton Radiant Barrier can be used anywhere there is a need for the reduction of heat and/or noise. Examples include home attics, engine compartments, floorboards, headliners, door panels, generator compartments, attics, and water heaters.
Water Heater Jacket
UltraTouch Natural Cotton Radiant Barrier is effective when used as a water heater wrap. Simply wrap the water heater with the foil side facing out, cotton side facing the surface of the heater. Create flaps in the product for areas such as thermostat controls and access panels. For electric water heaters, cut a piece of the product to fit the size of the top of your water heater. Next, trim to accommodate any wires, pipes, or valves. Use a foil tape to secure the seam between the main insulating body and top panel.
UltraTouch Natural Cotton Radiant Barrier should be an essential part of your radiant floor heating system when applied to the underside of floor joists. Installing the product in this manner allows for a maximum airspace, increasing the R value performance while maintaining full reflectivity. Using staples or another fastening method, apply the product with the foil side facing the radiant heating system to the bottom of the joists at 4″ spacing and be sure to enclose the entire cavity that houses the radiant heating system. Repeat the process for each cavity.
UltraTouch Natural Cotton Radiant Barrier provides a great solution to block the transfer of heat from your roofing materials to your interior living space. Anybody who has spent time in their attic in the summer can attest to the heat buildup that is possible. When installing the product, be sure to allow for proper ventilation as this is crucial to proper performance. Apply the UltraTouch Radiant Barrier to the underside of the rafters, applying the product in a perpendicular direction to the rafters. Be sure to staple every 3 to 4 inches and use a foil tape to reinforce any seams. Be sure to leave a minimum of a 3″ gap on each side of the roof peak as well as a gap at the lower edge of the roof line. Do not block any vents and be sure to leave a 2″ gap around them.
Hot Water Radiator
Achieve maximum efficiency out of your hot water radiator by using it in conjunction with the UltraTouch Natural Cotton Radiant Barrier. This application could not be more simple, with a great gain on performance. Why direct the heat generated by your hot water radiator into the wall surface where it will not help heat the living space? Simply cut and affix the appropriate sized piece of product to the wall space directly behind the radiator. Place the cotton pad against the wall with the reflective foil surface facing the radiator. Use any method you choose to attach the insulation, including tape, spray adhesive, or tacks.
These Insulator accessory products were specially developed to simplify the installation of The Insulator for various projects.
Sticky Stuff – This specially formulated spray adhesive works great on most any surface, especially aluminum coatings and metal surfaces. One 12 oz. can will easily cover two 4′ x 6′ panels.
Insul-Tape – This pressure-sensitive industrial aluminum foil tape is easily trimmed with household scissors. Insul-Tape can readily conform to irregular surfaces, sealing seams, edges, and joints, while providing a superior vapor barrier.
Auto / RV Applications
Automobile, Truck, & Van Uses:
RV & Motor Home Uses: